The Board Office is located at:
1510 E. Watertower St. Ste 110, Meridian ID 83642-7993
Office Hours: 7 am - 4 pm Mon-Fri.
"Our mission is to safeguard life, health, and property by assuring that those who practice the professions of engineering and land surveying attain and maintain competence in those professions."
Signing up for the FE or FS exam is easy!
It is easy for engineering and surveying students to register for the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or the Fundamentals of Surveying Examination (FS). Beginning back in June 1, 2015, students now enroll directly with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) at http://ncees.org/exams/, and then register for the FE or FS examination seat at a Pearson-VUE test center. This enables students to take and pass the FE or FS examination and then, afterward, apply to the Board for their Intern Certificate.
30 August 2016 Newsletter Email Debacle
Our apologies. When we passed the updated list of email addresses to our host (OCIO Idaho) and they uploaded them in bulk to the listserv application they host for us, about have of the fully moderate flags didn't get set.
What that meant was that for everyone whose moderate flag wasn't set and who replied to the group email address, their reply went to the whole list serv again (and again and again). We were able to get the OCIO to reset those flags and stop the proliferation of emails by about 1:30 pm 8-30-16 -- so about 3 hrs of additional emails were sent out.
The OCIO hopes to have new software with better controls in place for the next newsletter email - which will be in about six (6) months or so. Thank you, thank you to all who didn't reply and simply routed the extra mail to the trash. We hope to have controls in place to ensure that this doesn't happen again.
I Have Questions About
Many questions, including those related to Continuing Professional Development, can be answered on our General FAQ page, our Structural Engineering FAQ page and PLS Q&A. Please send the following specific requests to the individuals indicated below:
- Requests for changes to license or certificate records
- For individual license or intern certificate address changes, click https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels
- For Company or Corporate Name and Address Changes, Corporate Changes to Responsible Charge listings, Status of Applications, License or Certificate Reinstatements, please email email@example.com. Requests submitted on behalf of a license/certificate holder MUST be cc-mailed to that license/certificate holder.
Company and Corporate Address Changes do not change addresses of individual licensees. Each licensee is responsible for their own address change.
Applications for Licensure as a PE or PS do not update existing EIT/EI or LSIT/SI addresses. You must submit changes per the above procedure
PLEASE NOTE, we do currently not maintain fax numbers and maintain only ONE MAILING ADDRESS per license or certificate holder. This may be your personal address OR your employment address. To review the address currently on file, please see Searches for Licensees. If you do not wish to change the address displayed, please do not submit a notification of change of address. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- License and/or Exam verifications (no fee required by Idaho) should be requested through http://www.ncees.org/. You'll have to signup for an account with them and then follow the links for a license or exam verification. Alternatively, download and complete the personal information section of that state's verification form and submit it via hardcopy mail or email to email@example.com.
- Examination Questions, Exam Reassignments,: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Education (see also Nav Bar at left), Complaints, Investigations and Website issues: email email@example.com
- Land Surveying, Ethical Questions, Legislation/Rules, Speaking Opportunities, and any issues not covered above: email firstname.lastname@example.org