Our mission is to safeguard the publics life, health, and property by assuring that those who practice the professions of engineering and land surveying have attained and continue to maintain their competence in those professions.
If you're trying to find another Idaho Licensing Board, try dopl.idaho.gov Phone: 208-334-3233
COVID-19 VIRUS ISSUES (NCEES, PEARSON-VUE, IPELS)
Pearson VUE test centers reopened Test delivery to a subset of Pearson VUE test centers on May 1. 2020. Test centers must operate in compliance with local guidelines and restrictions. Due to varying state restrictions, examinees should verify test center requirements before arriving. In most cases, test centers will require examinees to provide their own face mask for admittance. Additional information is available at https://home.pearsonvue.com/essential-services-faqs
Capacity at test centers: Capacity has been reduced at all test centers to comply with social distancing requirements. Examinees impacted by the implementation of reduced capacity requirements have been contacted by Pearson VUE. Examinees are strongly encouraged to log in to MyNCEES to check the status of their appointment and test center location. Appointments are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Examinees who need to schedule or reschedule an appointment should do so as soon as possible through their MyNCEES account for the best availability. Only open test centers will appear in your search.
Exam Candidates are encouraged to review the information on the NCEES website and the Pearson Vue website. If they have questions, they can contact NCEES.
The NCEES COVID-19 response is certainly evolving. Any examinees with questions should go to the NCEES website: ncees.org and specifically to this site: https://ncees.org/latest-information-on-covid-19-response/ as NCEES will try to keep this a central location for specific information.
IPELS will continue to accept and process online applications and online renewals. To inquire about the process of your application or renewal please see the emails at the bottom of the home page [scroll down please] and ask your question or leave a voice mail with the staff member responsible for the question on their office phone. During the pandemic period, our staff will be working mostly from home and out of the office, but able to retreive email and voice mails. They will get back to you. Please be patient.
Save time in the application process
If you are applying for licensure in Idaho, in addition to our online application form, you can speed up the process by asking your references to email their reference forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, upload and store your transcripts in your NCEES account for validation by Idaho.
Retired License renewal fee eliminated!
Effective 1/1/2020 the Board approved removing the renewal fee for retired licenses. These licensees may wish to renew in order to remain on the mailing list and receive notices from the Board, but the fee will be $0. The actions required to renew these licenses online will be to verify the retiree's contact information and for the retiree to acknowledge the renewal certification. Reinstatement from retired status to active status is $150 (active license renewal fee) and the fee is the same for expired or active retirees. To do this, you must request a reinstatement form from Edith Williams Retirees are exempt from CPD, but in order to reinstate to active status, in addition to the fee, they must comply with the CPD Rule requirements for reinstatement. You can attach your scanned log to the request to reinstate email or send separately to Jim Szatkowski.
Signing up for the national examinations is easy!
It is easy for engineering and surveying students and professional applicants to register for the examinations. All applicants for the examinations may now enroll directly with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) at www.ncees.org/exams
Registration for the CBT PE Mechanical, Fire Protection, and Industrial and Systems exams opened on Monday, November 4, 2019. For the PE Mechanical exam, the first appointments will begin in April 2020. For the PE Fire Protection and Industrial and Systems exams, their date will be October 22, 2020.
I Have Questions About
Please send the following specific requests to the individuals indicated below:
- Requests for changes to license or certificate records
- For active/current individual license or active/current intern certificate address changes, click https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels. We do not maintain current addresses for inactive/expired licenses or COAs.
- For Company or Corporate Name and Address Changes, Corporate Changes to Responsible Charge listings, or License or Certificate Reinstatements, please visit https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels/coa/.
Company and Corporate Address Changes do not change addresses of individual licensees. Each licensee is responsible for their own address change.
Individual changes do not change Company addresses. Company changes do not change individual addresses. Any address placed on your CPD log will not change your record address. You must submit changes per the above procedure
PLEASE NOTE, we do currently not maintain fax numbers and maintain only ONE MAILING ADDRESS per license or certificate holder. This may be your personal address OR your employment address; whatever address you use for official notifications from the Board becomes public record. To review the address currently on file, please see Searches for Licensees which is found under "Current Licensees" tab. If you do not wish to change the address displayed, please do not submit a notification of change of address. For questions, please email email@example.com
- License and/or Exam verifications (no fee required by Idaho) should be requested through https://ncees.org/supplemental/launch-login/. You'll have to signup for an account with them and then follow the links for a license or exam verification.
- Examination Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ethical Questions, Legislation/Rules, Speaking Opportunities, and Continuing Education for Engineers (see also CPD Info link), Engineering Complaints & Investigations and Website issues: email email@example.com
- Ethical Questions, Legislation/Rules, Speaking Opportunities, and Continuing Education for PLSs (see also CPD Info link), Land Surveying, Land Surveying Complaints & Investigations: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ethical Questions, Legislation/Rules, Speaking Opportunities, and any issues not covered above: email email@example.com
Jun 8-9, 2021
Meridian & Zoom
You might have to right-click on a link and save to your computer to view if large PDF or a MS Word document is target of the link
- Fall-Winter 2020-21
- Fall-Winter 2020-21 in MSDoc format (smaller)
- Laws and Rules Pertaining to the Practice of Engineering and Land Surveying effective July 1, 2020.
- Agency Guidance Documents posted
- Board clarifies opinion on monumenting easements. See Board Opinion on Easement Monumentation of March 10, 2016
- IDWR issues guidance on the permitting process for irrigation and drainage development in accordance with the NFIP. See our General and PLS FAQs on the NAV Bar.
- Executive and Legislative action renumbers Board rules - Idaho Administrative Bulletin July 1, 2020 Vol.20-7
- 2020 Rulemaking and new Laws for 2021. Rule and Law Changes being considered by the Board.
- IDAPA 24.32.01 Subpart C Rules of Continuing Professional Development are waived by Governor's Proclamation https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/proclamation_agency-rules_032320.pdf
- Archived Law and Rules
- Supplemental Forms
- Sample CPD Log in Spreadsheet format