Our mission is to safeguard the publics life, health, and property by assuring that those who practice the professions of engineering and land surveying have attained and continue to maintain their competence in those professions.
If you're trying to find another Idaho Licensing Board, try dopl.idaho.gov Phone: 208-334-3233
Jennifer Rowe retires from Board on Jan 7, 2022. The Board and staff send their best wishes for her next adventures. The last three Directors' present Jen with a plaque and Section Chief MiChell Bird presents a 20 yr certificate and letter from Gov Little thanking Jen for her service to the State.
DOPL Letter to Stakeholders
IPELS is now a part of the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL). The letter to stakeholders provides an explanation of what that means.
COVID-19 Emergency Order in Place
IDAPA 24.32.01 Subpart C Rules of Continuing Professional Development are waived by Governor's Proclamation
COVID-19 VIRUS ISSUES (NCEES, PEARSON-VUE, IPELS)
Only electronic renewals and payment are accepted at this time at IPELS.
The 16 hr PE Structural Exam will be offered in pencil and paper exams regionally beginning with the April 2022 administration. Registration for the April 2022 pencil-and-paper PE Structural exams will open on December 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. EST and close on February 24, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. EST. Registration for the computer-based FE and PE exams is open year-round. Beginning Nov 1, 2021, examinees will be able to register and schedule CBT appointments, which will be available year-round starting on April 1, 2022. For more information, NCEES Engineering Exam Registration
Signing up for the national examinations is easy!
It is easy for engineering and surveying students and professional applicants to register for the examinations. All applicants for the examinations may now enroll directly with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) at www.ncees.org/exams
Save time in the application process
If you are applying for licensure in Idaho, in addition to our online application form, you can speed up the process by asking your references to email their reference forms to email@example.com. Likewise, upload and store your transcripts in your NCEES account for validation by Idaho.
Retired License renewal fee eliminated!
Effective 1/1/2020 the Board approved removing the renewal fee for retired licenses. These licensees may wish to renew in order to remain on the mailing list and receive notices from the Board, but the fee will be $0. Read more.
I Have Questions About
Please send the following specific requests to the individuals indicated below:
- Requests for changes to license or certificate records
- For active/current individual license or active/current intern certificate address changes, click https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels. We do not maintain current addresses for inactive/expired licenses or COAs.
- For Company or Corporate Name and Address Changes, Corporate Changes to Responsible Charge listings, or License or Certificate Reinstatements, please visit https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels/coa/.
Company and Corporate Address Changes do not change addresses of individual licensees. Each licensee is responsible for their own address change.
Individual changes do not change Company addresses. Company changes do not change individual addresses. Any address placed on your CPD log will not change your record address. You must submit changes per the above procedure
PLEASE NOTE, we do currently not maintain fax numbers and maintain only ONE MAILING ADDRESS per license or certificate holder. This may be your personal address OR your employment address; whatever address you use for official notifications from the Board becomes public record. To review the address currently on file, please see Searches for Licensees which is found under "Current Licensees" tab. If you do not wish to change the address displayed, please do not submit a notification of change of address. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- License and/or Exam verifications (no fee required by Idaho) should be requested through https://ncees.org/supplemental/launch-login/. You'll have to signup for an account with them and then follow the links for a license or exam verification.
April 14-15th, 2022
Location: 1090 E Watertower St. Stre 150, Meridian, ID
You might have to right-click on a link and save to your computer to view if large PDF or a MS Word document is target of the link
- Fall-Winter 21-22
- Fall-Winter 21-22 No Graphics
- Laws and Rules Pertaining to the Practice of Engineering and Land Surveying effective July 21, 2021.
- Agency Guidance Documents posted
- Board clarifies opinion on monumenting easements. See Board Opinion on Easement Monumentation of March 10, 2016
- IDWR issues guidance on the permitting process for irrigation and drainage development in accordance with the NFIP. See our General and PLS FAQs on the NAV Bar.
- 2021 Rulemaking and Law Changes for 2022. Rule and Law Changes being considered by the Board.
- Archived Law and Rules
- Supplemental Forms
- Sample CPD Log in Spreadsheet format