Our mission is to safeguard life, health, and property by assuring that those who practice the professions of engineering and land surveying attain and maintain competence in those professions.
NCEES is looking for Civil Engineers for PAKS work
NCEES is still seeking licensed civil engineers to participate in an online survey as part of the professional activities and knowledge study for the PE Civil exam. This survey will be used to update the specifications for the exam.
Please share this news with your licensees if possible. The information is posted online at https://ncees.org/ncees-seeks-civil-engineers-professional-expertise-and-advice/. A PDF of the news release is also available for download on this page.
Thank you for your help with this important study.
NCEES OPINES ON THE COVID-19 VIRUS ISSUE
The April 2020 paper-and-pencil exam administration is canceled.
Exams offered only once a year during the April 2020 administration will be offered during the October 2020 administration.
Registration dates for the October 2020 exam administration will be announced soon.
Additional information will be emailed directly to affected examinees. This and other actions can be reviewed on the NCEES Covid-19 page in the next paragraph
NCEES has been having internal conversations about dealing with COVID-19. The situation is certainly evolving, but with a paper and pencil exam administration in the next 6 weeks, they will be closely monitoring this situation. Any examinees with questions should go to the NCEES website: ncees.org and specifically to this site: https://ncees.org/latest-information-on-covid-19-response/ as NCEES will try to keep this a central location for specific information.
NCEES was informed last night (3/16/20) that all Pearson Vue test centers will be closed for 30 days (closing until April 16, 2020). We [NCEES] are working with them in regards to rescheduling and other issues. Please send examinees with questions to the NCEES website. We will continue to post any new information there once we have more details.
IPELS will continue to accept and process online applications and online renewals. To inquire about the process of your application or renewal please see the emails at the bottom of the home page [scroll down please] and ask your question or leave a voice mail with the staff member responsible for the question on their office phone. During the pandemic period, our staff will be working mostly from home and out of the office, but able to retreive email and voice mails. They will get back to you. Please be patient and do not expect a response within minutes.
Save time in the application process
If you are applying for licensure in Idaho, in addition to our online application form, you can speed up the process by asking your references to email their reference forms to email@example.com. Likewise, if your transcripts come via email, that too saves time in the process.
Retired License renewal fee eliminated!
At the last Board meeting, the Board approved removing the renewal fee for retired licenses. These licenses may wish to renew in order to remain on the mailing list and receive notices from the Board, but the fee will be $0. The actions required to renew these licenses online will be to verify the retiree's contact information and for the retiree to acknowledge the renewal certification. Reinstatement from retired status to active status is $150 (active license renewal fee) and the fee is the same for expired or active retirees. Retirees are exempt from CPD, but in order to reinstate to active status, in addition to the fee, they must comply with the CPD Rule requirements for reinstatement.
EIT/EI eligible for the PE?
An email was sent to all those EI/EITs that are now eligible to take the PE (since decoupling the exam from the experience) on 11-15-19. It provided a heads-up on the upcoming April 2020 exam cycle and noted a PE Exam review course by University of Idaho
Signing up for the national examinations is easy!
It is easy for engineering and surveying students and professional applicants to register for the examinations. All applicants for the examinations may now enroll directly with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) at www.ncees.org/exams
Registration for the CBT PE Mechanical, Fire Protection, and Industrial and Systems exams opened on Monday, November 4, 2019. For the PE Mechanical exam, the first appointments will begin in April 2020. For the PE Fire Protection and Industrial and Systems exams, their date will be October 22, 2020.
I Have Questions About
Please send the following specific requests to the individuals indicated below:
- Requests for changes to license or certificate records
- For active/current individual license or active/current intern certificate address changes, click https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels. We do not maintain current addresses for inactive/expired licenses or COAs.
- For Company or Corporate Name and Address Changes, Corporate Changes to Responsible Charge listings, or License or Certificate Reinstatements, please visit https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels/coa/.
Company and Corporate Address Changes do not change addresses of individual licensees. Each licensee is responsible for their own address change.
Individual changes do not change Company addresses. Company changes do not change individual addresses. Any address placed on your CPD log will not change your record address. You must submit changes per the above procedure
PLEASE NOTE, we do currently not maintain fax numbers and maintain only ONE MAILING ADDRESS per license or certificate holder. This may be your personal address OR your employment address; whatever address you use for official notifications from the Board becomes public record. To review the address currently on file, please see Searches for Licensees which is found under "Current Licensees" tab. If you do not wish to change the address displayed, please do not submit a notification of change of address. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- License and/or Exam verifications (no fee required by Idaho) should be requested through https://ncees.org/supplemental/launch-login/. You'll have to signup for an account with them and then follow the links for a license or exam verification.
- Examination Questions, Exam Reassignments,: email email@example.com
- Continuing Education for Engineers (see also CPD Info link), Engineering Complaints & Investigations and Website issues: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Education for PLSs, Land Surveying, Land Surveying Complaints & Investigations: email email@example.com
- Ethical Questions, Legislation/Rules, Speaking Opportunities, and any issues not covered above: email firstname.lastname@example.org
April 8-9, 2020
You might have to right-click on a link and save to your computer to view if large PDF or a MS Word document is target of the link
- Fall-Winter 2019
- Fall-Winter 2019 No Graphics
- Board clarifies opinion on monumenting easements. See Board Opinion on Easement Monumentation of March 10, 2016
- IDWR issues guidance on the permitting process for irrigation and drainage development in accordance with the NFIP. See our General and PLS FAQs on the left side of this page.
- 2019 Rulemaking and new Laws for 2020. Rule and Law Changes being considered by the Board. See the Omnibus Rulemaking at the AdminRules Special Bulletin Vol 19-6SE (6-19-19) beginning on page 1248
- Laws and Rules Pertaining to the Practice of Engineering and Land Surveying effective March 20, 2020.
- IDAPA 10.01.01 Subpart C Rules of Continuing Professional Development are waived by Governor's Proclamaition https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/127/2020/03/proclamation_agency-rules_032320.pdf
- Archived Law and Rules