The Board Office is located at:
1510 E. Watertower St. Ste 110, Meridian ID 83642-7993
Office Hours: 7 am - 4 pm Mon-Fri.
"Our mission is to safeguard life, health, and property by assuring that those who practice the professions of engineering and land surveying attain and maintain competence in those professions."
Signing up for the FE or FS exam is easy!
It is easy for engineering and surveying students to register for the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or the Fundamentals of Surveying Examination (FS). Beginning back in June 1, 2015, students now enroll directly with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) at http://ncees.org/exams/, and then register for the FE or FS examination seat at a Pearson-VUE test center. This enables students to take and pass the FE or FS examination and then, afterward, apply to the Board for their Intern Certificate.
Welcome our Newest Board Member: John Tomkinson
The Governor appointed John R. Tomkinson as a Public Member to the Board replacing David Bennion, P.E., on July 19, 2016. John was the General Services Manager when he retired after 27 years with Idaho Transportation Department. He also served in the Idaho National Guard as a Utility Warrant Officer until 1985 when he completed twenty years of service.
John graduated from Boise State with a B.B.A.-Economics and Marketing. He currently serves on the Western Idaho Fair Board and the Star Chamber of Commerce in addition to his Board duties. He’s a past member of City of Star Economic Development Committee and served on ADA County Planning and Zoning Committee (four years as Chairman).
I Have Questions About
Many questions, including those related to Continuing Professional Development, can be answered on our General FAQ page, our Structural Engineering FAQ page and PLS Q&A. Please send the following specific requests to the individuals indicated below:
- Requests for changes to license or certificate records
- For individual license or intern certificate address changes, click https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels
- For Company or Corporate Name and Address Changes, Corporate Changes to Responsible Charge listings, Status of Applications, License or Certificate Reinstatements, please visit https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels/coa/ .
Company and Corporate Address Changes do not change addresses of individual licensees. Each licensee is responsible for their own address change.
Applications for Licensure as a PE or PS do not update existing EIT/EI or LSIT/SI addresses. You must submit changes per the above procedure
PLEASE NOTE, we do currently not maintain fax numbers and maintain only ONE MAILING ADDRESS per license or certificate holder. This may be your personal address OR your employment address. To review the address currently on file, please see Searches for Licensees. If you do not wish to change the address displayed, please do not submit a notification of change of address. For questions, please email email@example.com
- License and/or Exam verifications (no fee required by Idaho) should be requested through http://www.ncees.org/. You'll have to signup for an account with them and then follow the links for a license or exam verification. Alternatively, download and complete the personal information section of that state's verification form and submit it via hardcopy mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Examination Questions, Exam Reassignments,: email email@example.com
- Continuing Education (see also Nav Bar at left), Complaints, Investigations and Website issues: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Land Surveying, Ethical Questions, Legislation/Rules, Speaking Opportunities, and any issues not covered above: email email@example.com