Our mission is to safeguard life, health, and property by assuring that those who practice the professions of engineering and land surveying attain and maintain competence in those professions.
Board Member Position Open
The members of the Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors (IPELS) serve 5-year terms and are appointed by the Governor. This year there are two (2) positions which have completed a term of office or are otherwise subject to an appointment by the Governor. If you are interested in making a difference for engineers and surveyors in Idaho and protecting the public and want to fill a PE position on IPELS, please navigate to https://gov.idaho.gov/appointments/ and click on the link to the Application for Appointment.
EIT/EI eligible for the PE?
An email was sent to all those EI/EITs that are now eligible to take the PE (since decoupling the exam from the experience) on 11-15-19. It provided a heads-up on the upcoming April 2020 exam cycle and noted a PE Exam review course by University of Idaho
Signing up for the national examinations is easy!
It is easy for engineering and surveying students and professional applicants to register for the examinations. All applicants for the examinations may now enroll directly with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) at www.ncees.org/exams
Registration for the CBT PE Mechanical, Fire Protection, and Industrial and Systems exams opened on Monday, November 4, 2019. For the PE Mechanical exam, the first appointments will begin in April 2020. For the PE Fire Protection and Industrial and Systems exams, their date will be October 22, 2020.
I Have Questions About
Please send the following specific requests to the individuals indicated below:
- Requests for changes to license or certificate records
- For active/current individual license or active/current intern certificate address changes, click https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels. We do not maintain current addresses for inactive/expired licenses or COAs.
- For Company or Corporate Name and Address Changes, Corporate Changes to Responsible Charge listings, or License or Certificate Reinstatements, please visit https://www.accessidaho.org/ipels/coa/.
Company and Corporate Address Changes do not change addresses of individual licensees. Each licensee is responsible for their own address change.
Individual changes do not change Company addresses. Company changes do not change individual addresses. Any address placed on your CPD log will not change your record address. You must submit changes per the above procedure
PLEASE NOTE, we do currently not maintain fax numbers and maintain only ONE MAILING ADDRESS per license or certificate holder. This may be your personal address OR your employment address; whatever address you use for official notifications from the Board becomes public record. To review the address currently on file, please see Searches for Licensees which is found under "Current Licensees" tab. If you do not wish to change the address displayed, please do not submit a notification of change of address. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- License and/or Exam verifications (no fee required by Idaho) should be requested through https://ncees.org/supplemental/launch-login/. You'll have to signup for an account with them and then follow the links for a license or exam verification.
- Examination Questions, Exam Reassignments,: email email@example.com
- Continuing Education for Engineers (see also CPD Info link), Engineering Complaints & Investigations and Website issues: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Land Surveying, Land Surveying Complaints & Investigations, PLS Continuing Education: email email@example.com
- Ethical Questions, Legislation/Rules, Speaking Opportunities, and any issues not covered above: email firstname.lastname@example.org
You might have to right-click on a link and save to your computer to view if large PDF or a MS Word document is target of the link
- Spr-Sum 2019 No 63
- Spr-Sum 2019 No 63 no graphics
- Board clarifies opinion on monumenting easements. See Board Opinion on Easement Monumentation of March 10, 2016
- IDWR issues guidance on the permitting process for irrigation and drainage development in accordance with the NFIP. See our General and PLS FAQs on the left side of this page.
- 2019 Rulemaking and new Laws for 2020. Rule and Law Changes being considered by the Board. See the Omnibus Rulemaking at the AdminRules Special Bulletin Vol 19-6SE (6-19-19) beginning on page 1248
- Laws and Rules Pertaining to the Practice of Engineering and Land Surveying effective July 1, 2019.
- Archived Law and Rules